Friday, January 15 – Sunday, January 17, 2016
GAME JAM CONTEST:
Do you love game design? Have you ever wanted to design for the interfaces of the future? The Orlando Science Center is looking for Orlando’s most creative game designers to come together and show how art and technology meld together to create innovative interactive experiences.
The Orlando Science Center is hosting its 3rd Otronicon Game Jam, an event that challenges game designers to create a playable game. After just over 30 hours of creative design and implementation, Game Jam judges will pick a team whose game best utilizes the Makey Makey and demonstrates the engaging nature of the user interface tools. Each member of the winning team will receive their own Makey Makey classic, a Makey Makey Go, and a Corsair STRAFE RGB mechanical gaming keyboard.
Applicants must apply individually. Teams will be formed on-site.
- Game design students, hobbyists and professionals are encouraged to apply.
- Games will be judged on various criteria including design idea, production level, and the overall immersive nature of the game.
- Orlando Science Center employees are not eligible to enter.
- All decisions of the Game Jam contest judges are final.
REGISTER TO BE A MEMBER OF THE OTRONICON GAME JAM:
REGISTER NOW! Space is limited and registrations will be accepted with a return email from jam organizers.
You can register for the jam through 12 midnight on Monday, January 11, 2016.
REGISTER TO BE A GAME JAMMER:
GAME JAM PERKS:
- Receive two complimentary passes to experience Otronicon.
- Sign autographs and take pictures with thousands of your adoring fans.
GAME JAM RULES FOR ATTENDEES & EXHIBITORS:
- All participants must have an Orlando Science Center admission wristband visible at all times.
- Your likeness in photos and/or video may be used for Orlando Science Center marketing and other purposes.
- If your game design is deemed offensive by Orlando Science Center staff or its patrons, you may be disqualified from the competition. Orlando Science Center is a family-friendly building, so use your best judgment.
- This is a family-friendly event and small children will be present. To that end, there must be no nudity or excessive violence. Also, foul language in-game or during the jam will not be tolerated.
- All development will occur on premise of the Orlando Science Center during the jam.
- Electrical power connections and internet will be provided.