Friday, January 17 – Sunday, January 19, 2014
The UCF School of Visual Arts & Design and E2i Creative Studio presents... Jamming for a Rift!
GAME JAM CONTEST:
Do you love game design? Have you ever wanted to develop a game for the Oculus Rift? We’re looking for the most creative game designers to demonstrate how art and technology can meld into innovative, interactive experiences.
Orlando Science Center hosts the first-ever Otronicon Game Jam - a 48-hour event that challenges teams of game designers to create a playable game. After those 48 hours of creative design and implementation are up, Game Jam judges will select the game that best utilizes the Oculus Rift and shows the immersive nature of the simulation tools. Games created during the jam will be posted on the Otronicon website. Applicants must apply individually. Teams will be formed on-site.
Each member of the winning team will receive their very own Oculus Rift development kit! Yep, you read that right!
- Game design students, hobbyists and professionals are encouraged to apply.
- While experience with an Oculus Rift is not required, you will need to bring some experience with Rift-supported engines.
- Games will be judged on various criteria including design idea, production level and the overall immersive nature of the game.
- OSC Employees are not eligible.
- All decisions of the Game Jam contest judges are final.
- For complete rules and guidelines, click the “Apply Now” link.
APPLY NOW TO BE A PART OF THE FIRST-EVER OTRONICON GAME JAM!
Space is limited and applications will go through a review process.
Application deadline is December 31, 2013.
APPLY TO BE A GAME JAMMER: